Sunday, June 23, 2013

After seeing rain pretty much all week, it was nice waking up to the sun and blue sky. I was reading another local blogger's post and she mentioned that it's supposed to be hot today. Hot day? Really? Awesome! Before I knew it, I was pulling out my bathing suit to hit the beach. It was still pretty cloudy and the wind was chilly while I was riding my scooter but it was clear enough to see Mt. Fuji off in the distance.

I got to the beach I usually go to in Hayama and since it was still early and it's the rainy season, the beach was deserted which suited me just fine. The water wasn't as cold as I thought it would be and it felt good wading through the clear shallow water. I went over to see if I could get a pic of the snails that have eyeballs peering out from under their shells to stare up at you. They were mighty obliging to get their pics taken. LOL I also got a shot of a little octopus scurrying into a new hiding place. In one of the pics, I loved the way the water reflected the clouds and the sun.

I found a little secluded spot with a deep pool and as I was standing still, there were a few little yellow and black striped fishies gathering around my fat thighs, taking a few nibbles here and there. They must've thought mmmmm! white meat!! LOL Luckily, they're teeny so I could barely feel them merrily nibbling away. I've been nibbled at by colorful fishies in Okinawa and it can sting! I'll bring some bread with me the next time I go snorkeling.

It started to get cloudy and a bit chilly so I finished up taking pics and headed back for home. I was at the beach for only an hour or so, but it still felt good. Can't wait for summer so I can hang out at the beach every chance I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment