Saturday, May 25, 2013

One pitcher of margaritas divided by two equals happy gals


I organized a get-together with a few friends. This time we went to a Tex Mex place up in Hiroo, which was recommended by a couple of people I know. 

There was just the 5 of us this time, 1 dude and 4 gals, so he should've been a happy camper surrounded by us lovelies. It was one of the gals who recommended the place when I mentioned that the group was in the mood for Mexican food (Tex Mex is close enough . . . LOL ) A small gathering suited the venue since it was a rather small place. It's a long and narrow restaurant, with maybe only 30 or seats. But the food was really good. So was the frozen strawberry margarita. 

My gal pal was already waiting outside when I texted her that I was at the station. The dude texted me that he's running a bit late so will meet us at the restaurant. That left one missing. She messaged us that she'll be late so to start without her, which we did. She finally showed up--an hour late. There IS a limit to being fashionably late, yanno.  She was saying she was supposed to be only 20 minutes late, but she got lost for 40 minutes.  Mind you, the restaurant is basically just around the corner from the subway station, around 5 minutes away. She even has a GPS on her iPhone and them suckers point the direction you're supposed to be going! 

Anyhoo, while we were waiting for Lostie to show up, we went ahead and ordered drinks and food. My gal pal and I split a pitcher of frozen strawberry margaritas, and the other two had, of course, Corona. The chili was OK, but I think mine's better, but the salsa and chips were really good. They make some good salsa at that place! We had chorizo, enchiladas, quesadillas, taquitos and of course dessert. Man were we stuffed by the end of the meal!!

My dinner buddy (the sole dude) was ragging my gal pal, asking her who was the love of her life this week?  But she wasn't stingy about telling us of the dudes she's dating now. She showed me a pic of one of the dudes she's dating, going on about how long his eyelashes are and how much she likes his voice. She even had me listen to some recording he made. Yeah, the dude's cute, yeah, he has a nice voice, but what's his personality like? Guess she's still yet to find out since she hasn't been seeing him for all that long yet. Get some booze in her and she'll yak up a storm!  The only way to shut her up is to put something in her mouth  I couldn't believe that we got booted out after we finished our dessert, tho  But to be fair, there were people outside waiting for tables to free up. 

After dinner, we took a brisk walk down the street to a coffee shop on the corner. It was an open-air cafe with a balcony on the 2nd floor. The air was a bit chilly, but I don't think it would've been a good idea to have this rowdy bunch sitting indoors. LOL

While we were having coffee and yakking up a storm on the balcony, Lostie's friend called her, asking what she was up to. She tried to describe where she was, and she wasn't doing all that great a job at it. Her friend finally figured out where she was at, which was like just down the road from where he was. He came up and joined us--totally friendly dude and that added to our rowdiness. 

My gal pal earned a few spankings from me since she took up smoking recently (is she dating a smoker now? ). Bad girl.  So I was the only non-smoker on the balcony. Fortunately the wind was blowing the other way, so I was safe from the smoke. 

Me spanking her got the convo started up on S&M and who's S and who's M. She sent me a link on a test to see which side of the scale you are, S or M. The test was all in Japanese, so it took me a bit to get through the questions since I can't read Japanese as fast as I can English. My results came back as being the "terribly balanced type", slightly leaning toward the S side. The description of my personality was pretty accurate, too. Both Lostie and my gal pal leaned heavily toward the M side and Lostie's friend confirmed that he is a total S. Since the test was all in Japanese, my dinner buddy wasn't interested, but it would've been interesting how far he'd be leaning toward the S side. 

My gal pal sobered up a tad bit and went off to meet her date (the long eyelashes dude) so we followed suit and called it a night. 

Surprisingly enough, my head wasn't feeling the after effects of a 1/2 a pitcher of margaritas. But looks like my eyeballs were hung over and dyslexic. I wake up, look at my wristwatch, saw it was 7am and I thought to myself that it's been a while since I slept so much. When I plopped down on my PC, the clock on my desktop was saying uh no dude, it's only 5am . . .  

It was fun and I should do this more often. Hopefully those who couldn't make it this time will be able to join us the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment