Thursday, June 28, 2012

All work . . . ?

So, what've I been up to lately? Nothing exciting. At. All. Basically going back and forth between work and home and vegging out on weekends. My contract got extended for another 3 months. That's good news.  And it's almost July! 

These past couple of weeks were pretty busy ones. Beats twiddling my thumbs all day long at work. I even go to do some desktop publishing work. I was a bit rusty at first since it's been over a year since I used InDesign. The software being in Japanese did NOT help either. It took me forever to try to figure out what's what. The menus are a bit different. Not everything is in the same place between the English version and Japanese version, which sux. What's worse is that Adobe doesn't offer online manuals. Only some lame-ass tutorials which are about as helpful as a thimble of water in the desert. I finished the project but I still couldn't figure out how to get the style sheets to apply the baseline grid. Grrrrrr . . . had to do it manually . . . grumble, grumble, grumble . . .

I don't know what it is with these people, but they come by my desk asking me to do some translation jobs, which is no problem since that's what I'm paid to do, but they have a bad habit of asking me to do it by the end of the day or first thing the next morning. No problem if we're talking short documents but multi-paged ones? Seriously?? But yeah, I manage to get it done. Good thing for no social life, hey? Plenty of time to stay  and get it done. At least I get overtime.

I really need to open up my PC this weekend. It's starting to make this weird noise. I think it's the fan, but not sure which one. If the fan's not the problem, I'm loathed to know what's making the noise. I did take a vacuum cleaner and got rid of the dust a little while ago when I first noticed the noise. Yeah, yeah . . . I'm making backups so no worries there.

Oh well . . . tho life's lacking in excitement, at least I have a job and seem to be appreciated at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment