Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kapow, boom!

OK, who's been pissing Mother Nature off these days?

First it was a bed-rocking earthquake in the middle of the frikkin' night a couple of nights ago and then last night there was lightening and thunder accompanying the heavy rain. I have a Dutch friend who lives in Taiwan who loves this kind of weather but not this gal!

The weather report from the day before said only 20% rain, but that changed over the course of the night. Since I have a bad habit of not checking the weather report before leaving the house and not carry an umbrella unless if it's actually raining when I step foot outside, I ended up getting drenched on the way home. At least I have a hot bath waiting for me.

Today's lovely out. Too bad I have to work. It'd be a nice day to have a picnic in the park.

1 comment:

  1. Days like that, I would do a hot shower, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich.
    If we get rains like that, there is usually damage somewhere in the valley. Luckily, we don't get those gut-wrenching storms too often.

    Oddly, our weather here cooled off for a few days. Better for painting, right? No, the kids took those days off to attend Comicon. Now it's warming back up to over 100F/38C again.

    ReplyDelete