Monday, March 5, 2012

PC games

OK . . . getting locked out of your own PC is a sure way to get rid of the Polynesian paralysis aka afternoon drowsiness. 

I was installing a software that I need to learn to use and that required a system reboot. Sure, no problem. So I reboot the system and entered my password. Bleep! Wrong password! Eh? Typo'd the password? OK . . . so I enter the password again . . . Bleep! Wrong password. WTF?! So this time I entered the password one key at a time reaaaaaaaal slow. This time I'm told I had to reboot. HUH??!! OK, so I reboot and entered the password again. Now the PC says nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah . . .  your password's correct but I'm not letting you in  :P:P:P  The little piece of shit locked me out!!

Grumble grumble grumble . . . 

The stupid security software this place uses went bonkers on me and the administrator had a jolly good time fixing it. Hey, I didn't do nothin'! Ain't my fault that the sucker decided to play games with the user . . . hmph!!

Anyhoo, my PC's finally unlocked and the new password's working . . . for now . . . :-w

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar problem trying to get my daughter's notebook to log onto the internet on campus. Last Tues night, my son and I went to school to get help and the tech was able to get my son logged on. No problem now! Except the next day when I took it to school, it wouldn't let me log in, except as a guest, which is not secure. Grrrr. I'm going to try to find time tomorrow to see if they can log ME in.

    I think the software is designed to test our patience to see if we chuck the dang thing out a 10 story window and have to buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was kinda tempted to hurl the brand new laptop across the room . . . LOL

    Sometimes these security software are just too secure to be user-friendly.

    ReplyDelete