Sunday, March 11, 2012

Breakfast

It's said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, since I'm used to later mornings (I used to leave for work between 9-10am at my old workplace), I really don't feel like fixing myself anything for breakfast. I'm not much of a morning person and not usually hungry at 6am. Hell, I'm barely awake! LOL

Working in an office district does have its advantages. There're places open early that serve breakfast. I usually get a container of yogurt from the store but sometimes I'll have a heavier breakfast. The typical Japanese breakfast is rice, miso soup, dried seaweed and raw egg (I can hear screams of eeeeewwwwwwwww!!! here . . . LOL ), fish, and pickles. We're not talking cucumber pickles like in the States. The veggies are usually pickled in salt or what's called nuka (a fermenting bed using rice bran). These pickles go well with white rice.

I should start eating heavier breakfasts and lighter dinners, tho. My jeans are too tight so I can use to lose some weight. I hate dieting. *sigh*






No comments:

Post a Comment