Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nap attack!

OK . . . this past year of unemployment's spoiled me rotten! Wake up late in the morning, take a nap whenever I want, no set meal times, don't have to wear undies unless if I'm going out, schedule dates whenever I want . . . but the downside is no real incomes, just the pittance from the unemployment office, which went straight to pay the mortgage.

It's been a few weeks since I started working again. The first day was uneventful. I was surprised how they weren't exactly ready for my arrival--no ID badge that I need to gain entrance to the office building and clock in and out, no PC set up--I got a crappy laptop that has less than 500mb RAM and I had to set up my own user ID and password , they didn't have anything for me to do--I ended up spending the day reading some boring literature about the processes. I was assigned a project today, so I'll have something to keep me busy for the next week.

One problem I ran into in the beginning was when 2-3pm rolls around, I get attacked by the sleep rays So there I wasstruggling to stay awake and focus on the assignment while trying not to suck up all the oxygen by my yawning. I start getting over my sleepiness by the time it's time to leave for the day. Go figure! LOL

I guess it's gonna take time for my body to realize we're not living at a leisurely pace anymore.  The commute's not exactly something I want to get used to, tho. Packed sardines anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! This is exactly why I try to schedule all of my classes in the morning hours. Come afternoon, I'm ready to crash. Maybe it's just my old age though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting down on carbs during lunch seems to help somewhat. This place has a tea and water dispenser . . . keeping the employees jittery on caffeine? LOL

    ReplyDelete