Friday, January 20, 2012

Science and scrubbing

After spending a few days over at a friend's house, I come home to a vile lingering smell of something burning. I was like WTF?! I head for the kitchen and there it was . . . my beloved shiny (and expensive) Amway frying pan burnt to a crisp. AAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Apparently a certain idiot in the household put the pan on the stove, forgot about it and went to bed, waking up to the charred remains of what was supposed to have been the previous night's dinner.  My son's in charge of doing the dishes and he was soaking the pan in water in hopes to salvage it. The charred remains felt like it was cemented to the pan.

Well, I wasn't about to give up and throw out an expensive piece of cooking ware that easily. I hop on the net to see if I could find any solutions. And there it was . . . How to Clean Burnt Pots and Pans . . . all you needed was some baking soda, vinegar and determination. After following the directions, lo and behold! The charred remains came off! It's going to take a bit of polishing to get the pan back to its shiny luster, but getting all that burnt stuff off is a good start.

I felt like I was doing a science experiment, using the baking soda and vinegar, but it worked like a charm and my beloved frying pan's pretty much restored to its original state.

Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment